Motorcycle Parking – Do’s & Don’ts
- In Vancouver:
- Motorcycles can park for free where indicated by city signage;
- Motorcycles parked in designated metered spots pay a discounted meter rate;
- Motorcycles parked in non-designated metered spots pay 50% using PaybyPhone (where available)
- Motorcycles can share metered spots – as many as can fit within the lines.
- Payment by coin at the meter covers all motorcycles parked therein
- PaybyPhone covers one bike only.
- Burnaby permits only 3 motorcycles to share a spot.
- Unless otherwise signed, Vancouver By-Law (No. 2849) makes it illegal to stop or park:
- on a crosswalk AND
- within 6 metres of either side of a crosswalk
- on a sidewalk or sidewalk crossing
- on a boulevard, traffic island or traffic circle
You must log in to post a comment.