Manage your appointments
Our self-serve booking system is available 24/7 on your smartphone or on a computer.
- Cancel an Appointment
- Change or Reschedule
Click the black button to login to your ProRIDE user account:
Click the green button to register for a course or class online:
Click the yellow button for more info on our locations:
Click the blue button to check out our News Feeds on Social Media:
Got a question?
Check out the answers to some of these Frequently Asked Questions:
We had to discontinue group class training in March when BC implemented the State of Emergency for CoVid-19.
With the rest of BC now moving into Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan, ProRIDE is also continuing to resume our services, compliant with directives issued by the public health office.
To that end, Survival Rider group classes are now underway; Classes may be booked here:
Reminder that a motorcycle learner's license is required to start training. Going forward, knowledge testing for motorcycle learner's licenses will be available by appointment only, and ICBC will be taking appointments by phone.
MSA Retests will also be available for students who’s licenses have expired, but you must first obtain a NEW learner’s license (ie. re-do knowledge test) at ICBC before coming to see us for the parking lot test. We absolutely cannot retest you on an old or expired learner’s license! More info, or to book:
We are continuing to work on restoring additional suspended services as BC moves into the next phase of the BC Restart Plan. Those who are following our newsfeed on Facebook or Twitter will be notified *instantly* when we make those announcements.
Please note below which services are restored and which services remain suspended:
- Survival Rider Courses – Now Booking
- MSA Retesting – Now Booking
- Traffic Classes – Now Booking
- Short-term Bike Rentals – Now Booking
- Skills Upgrade Classes – Now Booking
- Road Testing – Now Booking
- Pre-Test Simulator Sessions – Now Booking
- Maintenance Classes – Suspended
- Skills Test Prep Class – Suspended
- Road Test Prep Class – Suspended
Any student who had paid for a suspended service will receive a credit for that service which can be used when service is restored.
Please note that Capilano University's indoor facilities remains closed at this time; our outdoor training can take place at CapU, however our indoor classroom sessions will take place at an interim location. More info:
Before you can take our class, you need to do a Knowledge Test and get a motorcycle learner's license. ICBC has now reintroduced Testing Services, and at this time Knowledge Testing is available by appointment only. Currently ICBC is booking a month or more for knowledge testing. Call ICBC's Licensing Line (1-800-950-1498) to book an appointment for a knowledge test.
ICBC has reopened road testing, and ProRIDE graduates may now book in for a Motorcycle Road Test as well as a Pre-Test Simulator Session.
At the moment we are limiting bookings to no further than 1 month in advance. Each week a new group of appointments will cycle into the calendar. Sorry, we are unable to save anyone a spot for road testing. Students are encouraged to book in online:
Unfortunately we are unable to keep a wait list. If you are trying to get in and the calendar appears full, we encourage you to check back frequently as a new group of appointments will cycle into the calendar each week!
Classes run on three different schedules depending on the time of year:
During peak season we run two classes per week. At registration you will be given the option of choosing Day Class or Night Class. Note that Day Class and Night Class share the classroom time on the first two days. While we strive to finish our classes on time, unpredictable traffic conditions which may delay our return times are unfortunately beyond our control.
Our classroom presentation will feature a thorough discussion about safety gear, including an opportunity for Q&A. Some students may elect to defer any large purchases until after this presentation, and that's perfectly fine with us.
Until you purchase your long-term safety gear & apparel, you can wear a short-term solution. A sturdy jacket that zips up, along with a pair of long pants and some hiking boots with high socks may be sufficient for now, but keep in mind that these items provide minimal protection in the event of a fall. Consider wearing your elbow and knee pads if you're worried about falling.
A Full-Face Helmet with chin protection is required for the course. Bring your own or borrow ours. See below for a list of recommended safety gear.
We have a diverse array of bikes in our fleet, including scooters, cruisers, sport bikes, standard and dual sport motorcycles from heavyweight brands such as Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Harley-Davidson. Our fleet ranges in size and power, including bikes in the 111-400cc class, as well as the 401-750cc class. Our lowest bike seats at just 26 inches, so even the most petite of riders can touch the ground with their feet flat while stopped or reversing. The bikes are constantly rotating as we are buying and selling bikes frequently.
Each ProRIDE bike has been upgraded with the student's safety in mind, including one or more of the following on each bike:
- Sliders, Engine Guards, and/or Hand Guards
- LED lighting for visibility in daylight, nighttime, and rainy conditions
- After-market horn for a stronger street-presence
The diversity of our fleet is one of the strengths of our school, and each student in our course has the opportunity to ride as many different motorcycles as possible. Not only will this will help to ensure you get the most thorough education possible, but also you'll be better prepared to make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase your 1st bike.
ProRIDE classes run rain or shine. Quite frankly, learning to ride in the rain makes you a better rider. Few riders plan to ride in the rain, but since we live in "Raincouver", getting caught in the rain is not a question of "if", but rather a question of "when". Learning to ride in the rain will help you prepare to face this challenge when it comes.
On the rainy days we open a couple of 10-ft canopies so you can dry off in-between each exercise. We also provide Stormtech Rain Gear, or bring your own. Just the same we recommend you bring a towel and a change of clothes for the drive home, just in case.
Road Test FAQ
- The licensing process can take several months. ICBC requires that you complete your road test before the Expiry Date printed on your learner’s license; please monitor this date closely. Students with time constraints are encouraged to discuss your needs with ProRIDE administration at your earliest opportunity.
- Road test demand often exceeds supply. ProRIDE can make no guarantees regarding the timeliness of road test availability after the course. It is wise to plan several months ahead for road testing.
- 3880 Lougheed Highway
- Burnaby BC
- V5C 6N4
- M-F 8am-5pm
- For test-day support, please arrive 15 minutes BEFORE Check-In time, and look for ProRIDE staff in the ICBC parking lot BEFORE checking-in inside.
- Pre-tests are conducted in groups; please aim to arrive 15 minutes in advance so your group can depart on time;
- Note that there are no bathroom facilities available at the Pre-test meet-up sites;
- Pre-Test Sessions meet at various locations. Please make note of your Simulator location below:
AM Ride (Morning)
- Meets streetside @ Willingdon Heights Park;
- 1200-block on Carleton Avenue (@ William)
- Map >>
PM Ride (Evening)
- Meets in the parking lot @ ICBC Burnaby
- 3880 Lougheed Highway (@ Boundary)
- Map >>
- ICBC charges a fee of $25 for cancellations taken within 48 hours of the appointment time
- If you cancel your test it may be several months again before you can book another one.
Before you contact us, please review our FAQ to see if the answer to your Frequently Asked Question is listed there.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form above.
- Make certain to add us to your email Safe Sender/Contact list to ensure our correspondence is not misdirected to your Junk or Spam folder.
Telephone: 604-408-RIDE (7433)
- We apologize if we are unable to answer your call right away; We may be servicing another student, conducting a class, or operating a motor vehicle at the time of your call.
- If your call goes unanswered please leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Have you checked out our FAQ? The answer to your question may already be there!
- Self-Serve Registration is available through our website 24/7 using your smartphone, laptop or computer.
- If you need assistance signing up by telephone, please first create an User Account: www.proride.ca/create-account ; we cannot sign you up over the telephone if you do not have an User Account on the website.
- Please note that our online booking calendar is our ONLY calendar and it is 100% accurate; we will not be able to find an earlier date over the telephone.