2020 Road Testing
Road Testing for 2020 is due to begin in March. Registration for road testing and simulator sessions is now open.
ICBC will only test you if the following conditions are met:
- You must submit your ProRIDE MSA paperwork In Person for processing at an ICBC Licensing Office and have your speed and supervisor restrictions lifted;
- Remember that they will only accept this document until 90 days after it was issued (the day of your parking lot test);
- You must book your Road Test for a date which falls On or After the “Earliest Road Test Date” printed on your Learner’s License.
ICBC will send you home without testing if you show up for a road test and one or more of the above conditions are not satisfied. Please be diligent and thorough. Also, make certain to read our article on How to Pass the ICBC Motorcycle Road Test, as well as review the Road Test Cheat Sheet (found in the back of your ProRIDE textbook) to ensure you are prepared to challenge this test.
If you have your own bike, you have the option of booking your road test through ProRIDE or directly with ICBC. Here are the Pros and Cons:
- Booking directly with ICBC gives you access to virtually all testing centre across Metro Vancouver, as well as across BC; we encourage you to explore this option if you are looking for the earliest possible test date;
- ProRIDE test-day services are not included when you book directly with ICBC; sorry, no exceptions. If you don't have your own bike, then book the test through ProRIDE!
Please note: ICBC will not permit you to make more than one booking; you may book through ProRIDE or through ICBC, but not both.
A Road Test Package is included with all Survival Rider Programs. Purchase another package if you've used yours up and are ready to make another attempt.
- For Survival Rider Graduates only. Includes 2 credits:
- 1 credit for Road Test Booking
- 1 credit for Pre-Test Simulator Session
- Full Value: $239+gst
- Credits are not transferable to other classes, courses, or services.
- After purchasing this package, make certain to go back to the calendar and reserve a new road test date and pre-test date.
Whether you test with us or own your own, we can help you prepare! Every Survival Rider Graduate gets a credit for a Pre-Test Simulator Session included with your course tuition, no extra charge. Additional sessions may be purchased on a pay-per-use basis. Book as many as you like, but make sure to book at least one close to the day of your Road Test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Road Test FAQ
- The licensing process can take several months. ICBC requires that you complete your road test before the Expiry Date printed on your learner’s license; please monitor this date closely. Students with time constraints are encouraged to discuss your needs with ProRIDE administration at your earliest opportunity.
- Road test demand often exceeds supply. ProRIDE can make no guarantees regarding the timeliness of road test availability after the course. It is wise to plan several months ahead for road testing.
- 3880 Lougheed Highway
- Burnaby BC
- V5C 6N4
- M-F 8am-5pm
- For test-day support, please arrive 15 minutes BEFORE Check-In time, and look for ProRIDE staff in the ICBC parking lot BEFORE checking-in inside.
- Pre-tests are conducted in groups; please aim to arrive 15 minutes in advance so your group can depart on time;
- Note that there are no bathroom facilities available at the Pre-test meet-up sites;
- Pre-Test Sessions meet at various locations. Please make note of your Simulator location below:
AM Ride (Morning)
- Meets streetside @ Willingdon Heights Park;
- 1200-block on Carleton Avenue (@ William)
- Map >>
PM Ride (Evening)
- Meets in the parking lot @ ICBC Burnaby
- 3880 Lougheed Highway (@ Boundary)
- Map >>
- ICBC charges a fee of $25 for cancellations taken within 48 hours of the appointment time
- If you cancel your test it may be several months again before you can book another one.