2019 Road Testing
Registration is now open for 2019 Road Testing and Pre-Test Sessions!
Before booking your Road Test:
ICBC will only test you if the following conditions are met:
- You must submit your ProRIDE MSA paperwork In Person for processing at an ICBC Licensing Office and have your speed and supervisor restrictions lifted.
- You must book your Road Test for a date which falls On or After the “Earliest Road Test Date” printed on your Learner’s License.
ICBC will send you home without testing if you show up for a road test and one or more of the above conditions are not satisfied. Please be diligent and thorough.
Also, make certain to read our article on How to Pass the ICBC Motorcycle Road Test, as well as review the Road Test Cheat Sheet (found in the back of your ProRIDE textbook) to ensure you are prepared to challenge this test.
Booking your Road Test
Click the green button to book a Road Test through ProRIDE‘s private Road Test Schedule and take advantage of our test-day services.
Click the yellow button to book directly with ICBC. Please remember that ProRIDE test-day services are not included with this option; sorry, no exceptions.
Please note: ICBC will not permit you to make more than one booking; you may book through ProRIDE or through ICBC, but not both.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does Road Testing begin in 2019?
- When can I do my Road Test?
- Where can I do my Road Test?
- Where is the Pre-Test Session?
- Which bikes will we be riding?
- What if it rains?
- The date I want is unavailable; can you put me on the wait list?
- What happens if I have to cancel my test?
- Is my test paid for with my tuition?
When does Road Testing begin in 2019?
Road testing for ProRIDE begins in March, and concludes in November. We are now accepting bookings for the road test.
When can I do my Road Test?
ICBC provides ProRIDE with dedicated road test times each year for our students, starting in the springtime and concluding usually in November. You’ll be given the opportunity to book a road test through ProRIDE once you’ve completed your Survival Rider Training Course. Oftentimes students are able to secure a test date through our system as much as a month earlier than booking a test through the public system.
That said, after completing the Survival Rider course, we encourage students to ride 1000kms or more before challenging the ICBC Road Test, as you are more likely to pass on the 1st attempt with significant road time under your seat.
- The licensing process can take several months. ICBC requires that you complete your road test before the Expiry Date printed on your learner’s license; please monitor this date closely. Students with time constraints are encouraged to discuss your needs with ProRIDE administration at your earliest opportunity.
- Road test demand often exceeds supply. ProRide can make no guarantees regarding the timeliness of road test availability after the course. It is wise to plan several months ahead for road testing.
Where can I do my Road Test?
There are several testing centres in Metro Vancouver; you may book a road test at any testing centre in BC, however ProRIDE‘s private testing schedule is provided by ICBC Burnaby on Lougheed Highway. All Test Day services provided by ProRIDE are at this location only.
- 3880 Lougheed Highway
- Burnaby BC
- V5C 6N4
- M-F 8am-5pm
- For test-day support, please arrive 15 minutes BEFORE Check-In time, and look for ProRIDE staff in the ICBC parking lot BEFORE checking-in inside.
Where is the Pre-Test Session?
- Pre-Test Sessions meet at various locations. Please make note of your Simulator location below:
- Pre-tests are conducted in groups; please aim to arrive 15 minutes in advance so your group can depart on time;
- Note that there are no bathroom facilities available at the Pre-test meet-up sites.
AM Ride (Morning)
- Meets @ Willingdon Heights Park;
- 1201 Carleton Avenue (@ William)
PM Ride (Evening)
- Meets @ ICBC Burnaby
- 3880 Lougheed Highway (@ Boundary)
Which bikes will we be riding?
We bring a couple of 250cc bikes to the test, which meets the requirements for an unrestricted license. You may ride either of these two bikes, or bring your own.
Unfortunately we are unable to promise any one specific bike on test day, due to ongoing servicing and maintenance of our fleet. However barring any unforeseen repair issues, the bikes we bring to the Road Test are usually the same as the ones we bring to the Pre-Test Simulator so you’ll have an opportunity to practice and test on the same bike, provided your Road Test and Pre-Test Simulator are booked in the same week.
That said, on the road test you will be marked on such things as shoulder checking, decision-making, and riding in traffic, as well as rules, lines & signs. These skills are what is emphasized on the Simulator, regardless of which bike you ride.
Please note that there is a reduced likelihood of practicing and testing on the same bike if you book your test and simulator in different weeks.
What if it rains?
ICBC will conduct your road test “Rain-or-Shine”. Many students cancel their test in the rain, but keep in mind the following:
- ICBC charges a fee of $25 for cancellations taken within 48 hours of the appointment time
- If you cancel your test it may be several months again before you can book another one.
It’s a good idea to practice riding in the rain before test day to make sure that you are prepared to meet this challenge if it rains on test day.
ProRIDE provides Rain Gear for those rainy test days, or bring your own.
The date I want is unavailable; can you put me on the wait list?
There’s always a chance for a last minute cancellation, however we do not keep a wait list. In fairness to all students, cancellations are published on our website and social media channels and filled on a 1st-come-1st-served basis. You should actively monitor our website and Social Media and be ready to jump on any cancellations that may come up.
If you have your own bike then you have the option of rolling in to ICBC and checking-in on Standby. If there is a last-minute cancellation or no-show then they offer the spot to anyone checked-in on standby. It’s definitely a gamble, as you could be waiting all day for a cancellation that may never come. Your best bet for this is on a rainy day.
What happens if I have to cancel or miss my test?
You may cancel your test on up to 48-hours notice without penalty.
ICBC charges a $25 fee for late cancellations or no-shows.
Keep in mind if you cancel your test it may be several months again before you can book another one. Please make certain to plan ahead.
Is my Road Test paid for with my tuition?
Your ICBC Road Test is *not* paid for with your course tuition. ICBC charges a Road Test Fee to provide road test services, and this fee is not covered in your course tuition. We do not pay ICBC on your behalf. Please come prepared to on test day to submit your Road Test Fee to ICBC, in addition to any fines, tolls, or tickets.