2022 Road Testing
Registration for Road Testing and Pre-Test simulator sessions will be open on February 2, 2022.
Please note: Our registration calendar will only accept appointments up to 8 weeks in advance. Our last day of road testing for 2022 will be November 3rd, and registration for this day will open up 8 weeks prior.
ICBC will only test you if the following conditions are met:
- You must submit your ProRIDE MSA paperwork In Person for processing at an ICBC Licensing Office and have your speed and supervisor restrictions lifted;
- Remember that they will only accept this document until 90 days after it was issued (the day of your parking lot test);
- You must book your Road Test for a date which falls On or After the “Earliest Road Test Date” printed on your Learner’s License.
ICBC will send you home without testing if you show up for a road test and one or more of the above conditions are not satisfied. Please be diligent and thorough. Also, make certain to read our article on How to Pass the ICBC Motorcycle Road Test, as well as review the Road Test Cheat Sheet (found in the back of your ProRIDE textbook) to ensure you are prepared to challenge this test.
You have the option of booking your road test through ProRIDE or directly with ICBC:
- Booking directly with ICBC gives you access to virtually all testing centres across Metro Vancouver, as well as across BC; we encourage you to explore this option if you are looking for the earliest possible test date;
- ProRIDE road tests are booked at ICBC in Burnaby only.
Please note: ICBC will not permit you to make more than one booking; you may book through ProRIDE or through ICBC, but not both.
A Road Test Package is included with all Survival Rider Programs. Purchase another package if you've used yours up and are ready to make another attempt.
- For Survival Rider Graduates only. Includes 2 credits:
- 1 credit for Road Test Booking
- 1 credit for Pre-Test Simulator Session
- Full Value: $239+gst
- Credits are not transferable to other classes, courses, or services.
- After purchasing this package, make certain to go back to the calendar and reserve a new road test date and pre-test date.
Whether you test with us or own your own, we can help you prepare! Every Survival Rider Graduate gets a credit for a Pre-Test Simulator Session included with your course tuition, no extra charge. Additional sessions may be purchased on a pay-per-use basis. Book as many as you like, but make sure to book at least one close to the day of your Road Test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Road Test FAQ
- The licensing process can take several months. ICBC requires that you complete your road test before the Expiry Date printed on your learner’s license; please monitor this date closely. Students with time constraints are encouraged to discuss your needs with ProRIDE administration at your earliest opportunity.
- Road test demand often exceeds supply. ProRIDE can make no guarantees regarding the timeliness of road test availability after the course. It is wise to plan several months ahead for road testing.
- 3880 Lougheed Highway
- Burnaby BC
- V5C 6N4
- M-F 8am-5pm
- Pre-tests are conducted in groups; please aim to arrive 15 minutes in advance so your group can depart on time;
- Pre-Test Sessions meet in NORTH VANCOUVER at various locations. Please make note of your Simulator location below:
Daytime Class (Morning & Afternoon)
- Meets @ ProRIDE HQ, North Vancouver;
- 1470 Rupert Street (near Canadian Tire)
- Map >>
- Meets @ CapU
- ProRIDE Bike Shack (behind the Maple Building)
- Map >>
Most students have their own bike long before the road test is on their radar, and we encourage you to ride and practice on your bike before the test. For students who need a bike for the test, ProRIDE training bikes are available on a rental basis.
That said, on the road test you will be marked on such things as shoulder checking, decision-making, and riding in traffic, as well as rules, lines & signs. These skills are what is emphasized on the test, regardless of which bike you ride.
- ICBC charges a fee of $25 for cancellations taken within 48 hours of the appointment time
- If you cancel your test it may be several months again before you can book another one.
The demand for testing often exceeds the available supply. We have been managing the backlog by only booking 6 weeks out. Road Test bookings open up each week on Wednesday and Thursday at midnight for Wednesday and Thursday in 6 weeks, and the spots that open up tend to fill up within minutes.
It is fair to say that the number of students attempting to book in exceeds the number of spots available each day. As a result it stands to reason that not everybody who is up at that hour will be successful in booking a spot.
In addition to checking back at midnight each Wednesday & Thursday, we encourage you to monitor both our calendar as well as the public system and see if any cancellations come up. Cancellations on the ProRIDE system are shown instantly in real-time so you wouldn't have to wait until midnight to see cancellations.